The Slate Control is a state of the art analog monitoring device built with the modern studio in mind. Designed by Paul Wolff (formerly of API and Tonelux), it is the official monitor section of the new RAVEN MTX mk2, and the RAVEN MTi2. The Slate Control is also the ideal monitoring solution for any professional production studio which demands massive amounts of features, the most pristine sound quality, and convenient desktop workflow. It can even be retrofitted in an analog console or sidecar (including easy access to the solo system) to improve the monitoring in older technology. It includes all the standard features commonly found on large frame consoles, including multiple inputs, multiple speakers and LFE Control, headphones, studio speakers, cue, talkback, reverse talkback and external solo interfacing.
The Slate Control can be used as a portable, stand-alone unit, or flush mounted into an existing surface. The front panel is 7” tall, allowing it to fit into the standard fader slots of most consoles. The signal path from the input to the speakers never sees a DAC, FET switch, VCA or optical device. All switching is done with relays, including the main control room level, which is a relay array that insures exact left/right imaging and precise switching in 1dB steps.
*Optional Monitor Control System
The Slate Control is a 100% Analog Monitoring System designed by legendary pro audio designer Paul Wolff. The Slate Control has been designed to provide un-compromised sonic clarity while delivering all of the necessary features studios need from the “center section” of a classic console.
- 7 Stereo inputs
- 3 Speaker Sources with LFE Enable per speaker pair.
- 2 Stereo Cue Outputs to feed Headphone Amps.
- Talk Back system with built in mic and “Talkback Presets” to independently send talkback to specified outputs.
- CAL Mode to pre-set a reference monitoring level.
- LFE Output with LPF & Crossover Point, Phase and Level.
- DB25 Connections for Inputs and Outputs
- DB9 Connections for VU Aux and Talkback Aux
- Powered USB 2.0 inputs x2
*3.5 mm audio Jack for direct referencing from a device with 3.5 mm headphone output (like a mobile phone or audio player).
- DB25 Main Inputs
- DB25 Speaker Outputs
- DB25 Cue Outputs
- DB25 Aux I/O
- XLR-M LFE Output
- XLR-F External & Reverse Talkback Input
- Talkback Footswitch Input
- 1⁄4” Local Headphone Line Out
- DB9 Talkback Aux
- DB9 VU Aux
- 25’ DB50 Cable Connection to Control Head