The RAVEN Z Series of Multi-Touch Production Consoles offer a state of the art workflow center for the Elite Modern Studio. Choose from two models, the full-size Z3 or Z3C, our more compact offering. Both models feature a center 46” multi-touch panel and two 27″ multi-touch panels along with the Slate Control fully analog monitoring system.
Having three world class multi-touch panels allows engineers, producers and artists to have an extremely versatile workflow with a variety of options. Some configurations can work as follows:
- Two screens dedicated to main studio DAW, one screen dedicated to an auxiliary station that can be launched from a client laptop
- Left workstation dedicated to Virtual Instrument/Composition machine, then digitally connected to another machine featuring a mix window and edit window on the other screens
- Post Audio Mixing using multiple synced machines with multiple operators
- One screen for main mix, another for edit, another to store plugin racks or video display
RAVEN 3.0 now adds customized multi-touch control of Ableton Live, Cubase/Nuendo, Digital Performer, Logic Pro X, Pro Tools 10-12, and Studio One V3 on Mac as well as Windows compatibility for Pro Tools 10-12, Cubase 8 & 9 and Nuendo 7.
FADERS 3.0 are our newest multi-touch faders that allow the most precise control of your DAW faders. By integrating multi-touch 100mm virtual faders directly into each DAW, the engineer has seamless control over mix levels and automation. The new 3.0 algorithm gives the faders a virtual ‘feel’ that allows an intuitive feeling action that is comfortable and even fun to use. And for the most critical automation, FINE FADER mode can quadruple the resolution of the faders so you can get even the most minute moves down in the first pass with ease and perfection.
We’re proud to announce the next evolution of the RAVEN Control software called GESTURES. As its name implies, GESTURES allows classic multi touch gestures to control important elements of the DAW such as opening and closing plugins, muting and unmuting tracks, zooming in and out, and more!
The RAVEN Toolbar
In Toolbar mode, the RAVEN Toolbar is anchored directly in front of your hands at the base of the touch display. Your DAW controls are where you want them: Transport, Edit/Mix window selector – convenient tools for tracking too, like Record Looping, Click, Create Group, and Undo. Use intuitive multi-touch gestures on the RAVEN NAVPAD to perform Scrub/Shuttle, Waveform Zoom, Track Zoom, and Track Banking, and RAVEN Batch Commands. Best of all, because the RAVEN Toolbar is virtual, it’s user-customizable – put the controls you want where you want them.
Slate Remote revolutionizes your workflow in ways you must experience to believe. Slate Remote is a free app for iOS users, available at the app store to anyone with a RAVEN. Slate Remote automatically synchronizes with your RAVEN session via wifi network and gives you access to your custom Batch Commands, allowing it to remotely perform time-saving tasks for you from the palm of your hand.
The Batch Command System
The RAVEN Batch Command System is a true revolution in control. The Batch Command System is a series of preset and customizable buttons that can execute up to 1,000 key commands and mouse clicks automatically. With just one button, the Batch Command System allows you to create instant headphone sends, name tracks, put entire drum tracks on the grid, export stems, and so much more! The Batch Command System comes pre-programmed with 100 preset batch commands in every DAW we support, with layouts for Music, Mastering, Post Production and more. Record your own mouse click automation or program user commands with our QUICKLIST, which features hundreds of predefined DAW operations. Just touch and hold on a Batch Command button to edit, and you’ll have access to almost limitless possibilities. With the Batch Command system you’ll get it all done faster and smarter.
*Optional Monitor Control System
The Slate Control is a 100% Analog Monitoring System designed by legendary pro audio designer Paul Wolff. The Slate Control has been designed to provide un-compromised sonic clarity while delivering all of the necessary features studios need from the “center section” of a classic console.
- 7 Stereo inputs
- 3 Speaker Sources with LFE Enable per speaker pair.
- 2 Stereo Cue Outputs to feed Headphone Amps.
- Talk Back system with built in mic and “Talkback Presets” to independently send talkback to specified outputs.
- CAL Mode to pre-set a reference monitoring level.
- LFE Output with LPF & Crossover Point, Phase and Level.
- DB25 Connections for Inputs and Outputs
- DB9 Connections for VU Aux and Talkback Aux
- Powered USB 2.0 inputs x2
*33mm audio Jack for direct referencing from a device with 33mm headphone output (like a mobile phone or audio player).
RAVEN Z3 Features
- Displays: One (1) 46” LED display, Two (2) 27” LED displays
- Slate Control Fully Analog Stereo Monitoring System (2RU + Control Module)
- Built to order RAVEN Z3 Desk
- Custom cable management trough along the rear of the desk and hollowed-out legs for hidden cabling
- Optional Rack slots in a variety of configurations (Z3 only)
- Stock Colors include black or white in satin or gloss finish. Custom Colors Available (ask your dealer for options and cost).
- Pro Tools 10-12 (Mac & Windows)
- Logic Pro X
- Ableton Live
- Cubase 8 & 9 (Mac & Windows)
- Nuendo 7 (Mac & Windows)
- Studio One V3
- Digital Performer 8 and 9